More about Lomi Lomi
Lomi Lomi massage, also known as Hawaiian massage, is a traditional healing method that originated in Hawaii. The word “lomi” means to rub, knead, or soothe, and Lomi Lomi massage is designed to relax the body and promote physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
The history of Lomi Lomi massage is deeply intertwined with the culture and traditions of the Hawaiian people. It was traditionally practiced by Hawaiian healers known as kahunas, who used their hands, forearms, and elbows to apply rhythmic pressure and long, flowing strokes to the body.
The kahunas believed that physical pain and illness were caused by a lack of harmony or balance in the body, and that Lomi Lomi massage could help restore that balance.
Lomi Lomi massage was also used as a way to communicate with the spirit world and to connect with the divine. In many traditional Hawaiian communities, Lomi Lomi massage was accompanied by chants, prayers, and other spiritual rituals.
Over time, Lomi Lomi massage has become more known and practiced outside of Hawaii, but many practitioners still honor the traditional techniques and spiritual aspects of the practice. Today, Lomi Lomi massage is often used to promote relaxation and stress relief, as well as to address specific physical and emotional concerns.
We look back at a wunderfull and intens weekend.
Ho’opononpono and my ukelele
Singing and playing Ho’oponopono on a ukulele can be a beautiful and meditative experience.
Ho’oponopono is a traditional Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. It is a way of releasing negative emotions and healing relationships. Singing and playing Ho’oponopono on a ukulele can be a beautiful and meditative way to practice this ancient art form.
When singing and playing Ho’oponopono on a ukulele, the first step is to learn the song. The lyrics are usually in Hawaiian, but there are also versions with English translations available. The song is usually very simple and repetitive, which makes it easy to learn and sing.
Once you have learned the song, you can start playing it on the ukulele. The ukulele is a small, four-stringed instrument that is commonly associated with Hawaiian music. It has a bright, cheerful sound that is perfect for playing Ho’oponopono.
To play Ho’oponopono on the ukulele, you will need to learn the chords. The chords for this song are usually very simple and can be played with just a few basic chords, such as C, G, Am, and F. Once you have mastered the chords, you can start playing the song and singing along.
When you sing and play Ho’oponopono on the ukulele, you can use it as a form of meditation or prayer. The song and the sound of the ukulele can help you to focus your mind and release negative emotions. You can also use it as a way to connect with others and promote healing in your relationships.
Overall, singing and playing Ho’oponopono on the ukulele is a beautiful and powerful way to practice this ancient Hawaiian art form. Whether you are looking for a way to connect with yourself, others, or the world around you, Ho’oponopono on the ukulele can be a powerful tool for healing and transformation.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Learn the chords: The first step is to learn the chords for the song. The chords typically used for Ho’oponopono are C, G7, F, and Am. You can find chord diagrams and tutorials online to help you learn the chords.
- Practice the strumming pattern: Once you know the chords, you’ll need to practice the strumming pattern. The strumming pattern for Ho’oponopono is usually a simple down-up-down-up pattern, but you can add variations to make it more interesting.
- Sing the lyrics: Ho’oponopono is a simple song with a few basic phrases that repeat throughout the song. The lyrics typically include “I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you.” As you sing the lyrics, focus on the meaning behind the words and let the music guide your emotions.
- Experiment with different styles: Once you have the basics down, you can experiment with different styles and variations. Try adding some fingerpicking or picking patterns to the song, or play around with the tempo and rhythm to create a unique sound.
- Practice regularly: As with any musical instrument, practice is key. Set aside some time each day to practice singing and playing Ho’oponopono on your ukulele. You’ll find that the more you practice, the easier it will become and the more enjoyable the experience will be.
Remember, the most important thing when singing and playing Ho’oponopono on a ukulele is to focus on the healing and meditative aspects of the practice. Let the music guide your emotions and connect you with the energy of forgiveness, gratitude, and love. Have fun and enjoy the journey!
But before we really start first
for the perfect holistic massage
Here are 7 tips for giving a great massage:
- Ask your client if they have any health issues or concerns before you start the massage.
- Make sure your client feels comfortable and safe during the massage.
- Explain how the massage will proceed, where you will start and end.
- Check with your client during the massage to see if the pressure is good and adjust as needed.
- Stay in contact with your client as much as possible during the massage, and use effleurages to move from one side to the other.
- Remember that you are not a doctor or psychologist and refer clients to a specialist if necessary.
- Use a sturdy massage table without a hole for the head to avoid accidents.
Before giving a holistic massage, ask the person you will be massaging if they have any health concerns or medical conditions that you should know about, such as pregnancy, heart problems, or diabetes. This will help you both be aware of any potential risks or contraindications.
Make sure the person you are massaging feels comfortable and safe. Check that the room is warm enough, that they are covered adequately, and that they have any necessary support (e.g. a pillow) to help them relax.
Let the person know what to expect during the massage. Explain where you will begin and end, and give them a general idea of the sequence of movements you will be using.
As you massage, pay attention to how the person is responding. Ask if the pressure is too hard or too soft, and be willing to adjust accordingly. Checking in regularly can help ensure that the massage is enjoyable and effective.
When moving from one part of the body to another, use gentle strokes (effleurages) to help the person transition smoothly. If you forget what to do next, you can always return to these strokes to give yourself a moment to regroup.
Remember that as a holistic massage therapist, you are not a medical professional. While massage can have many benefits, it is not a substitute for medical treatment. If someone has a serious health concern, it is important to refer them to a doctor or specialist.
Invest in a sturdy massage table with reinforced corners, and avoid tables with a hole for the head. This can weaken the table and create a safety hazard. During your training, you will learn more about what to look for in a high-quality massage table.
Music we Like and give’s you the right vibe!
Once the person receiving the massage is fully at ease and the oil has been warmed, you may begin the massage.
After having massaged the back, you are now prepared to move onto the front of the body. Remember to maintain a gentle and delicate touch.